The number of young first home buyers entering the property market is nosediving, an online property agency has warned.
According to them the number of first home buyers aged 25-35 years fell from 55% of the sector at the end of the 2015 fiscal year to 40% by 30 June 2016.
These findings follow this week’s latest housing finance figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics which found the percentage of owner-occupier loans to first time buyers was at a 12-year low.
A combination of rising property prices and negative media about affordability and ‘how much deposit is needed to buy my first property’ had helped to “scare off” young first home buyers.
So let’s put the record straight – In reality:
- Property is very affordable from a cashflow perspective with interest rates set to stay at historical lows
- Banks have products to cater specifically for First Home Buyers and help them ‘get in’ the market
- First Home Owners Grant are still available In QLD, NSW & VIC
- It is still possible to buy your first Home with No Deposit*
There is no need to be scared or put off any longer.. if you fit the following criteria then contact us to see how we can get you in your home ASAP
All you need is:
- to be permanently employed with a minimum combined income of $75,000
- to have a clear credit history
- to be eligible for the First home Owners Grant
- to be able to show 12 months’ rental receipts from your real estate agent
If this is you call us on 1300 855 244 or click the ENQUIRE ONLINE NOW button on top of the page